STATE BANK OF INDIA, BANGLADESH (the “Bank”)
Notice to Customers relating to the Personal Data (Privacy)
- From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply the Bank with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of banking facilities or provision of banking services.
- Failure to supply such data may result in the Bank being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue banking facilities or provide banking services.
- It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the banking relationship, for example, when customers write cheques or deposit money.
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
- the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- conducting credit checks at the time of application for credit and at the time of regular or special reviews which normally will take place one or more times each year;
- creating and maintaining the Bank’s credit scoring models;
- assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
- ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
- designing financial services or related products for customers’ use;
- marketing services, products etc.
- determining amounts owed to or by customers;
- collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers’ obligations;
- complying with the obligations, requirements or arrangements for disclosing and using data that apply to the Bank or any of its branches or that it is expected to comply.
- Data held by the Bank relating to a customer will be kept confidential but the Bank may provide such information for the purposes set out in paragraph (D) above.
- Data Security
- We will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The Internet banking site use of 128-bit SSL encryption technology – an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data.
- Our servers are behind “firewalls” and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access.
- We will take all practical steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that we will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements of Bangladesh Bank concerning the retention of personal data or Reserve Bank of India Guidelines, whichever is stringent.
We at SBI Bangladesh, strive to ensure that our records are up-to-date and accurate in accordance with commercial standards.
We are proud of our quality service to our customers and expect that any mistake should be apprised to us. This includes an error on your statement, cheques ordered from us, your ATM or debit card, or other Bank loan payoffs and teller errors. If you find an error with our information about you, please call us or write to us at the address or telephone number we have provided you on your deposit or loan statement. We have standard procedures in place for maintaining and updating information about our customers.
We have procedures in place intended to limit employee access to personally identifiable information about our customers. Employee access to this information is limited to our employees who, because of their position or responsibilities, have a business reason to know or have access to such information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy through training. All of our employees are bound by our Code of Ethics, which addresses the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We also take appropriate disciplinary actions to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
We maintain global standards intended to help prevent unauthorized access to Information about our Customers.
We have established internal security procedures and safeguards intended to prevent access to your confidential information by unauthorized persons. We periodically upgrade and test our technology and these security procedures and safeguards to enhance protection of your information and to ensure their integrity.
If you have any questions about the use or sharing of consumer financial information or if you want more information, please contact us at Pristine Pavilion, 12 th Floor, 128 Gulshan Avenue or call +880 9889152 Extn:105, and we shall be happy to answer them. We want to safeguard your trust in us as well as your personal and financial information.